Friday, 27 January 2017

Oh How Time Flies...

How time flies when you're having fun. I managed to fall off the radar again completely. What a surprise.

So, let's catch up on what's been happening since... er... October. Oops.

Needless to say, it's the usual story of long hours and Christmas and life in general that has got in the way of me blogging. Nothing exciting, just usual stuff that I use as an excuse. But I'm trying to not make excuses this year. I'm trying not to make excuses anymore going forward to be honest, not just this year.

There was nothing of real interest to report in the last few months of the year. I did that typical "stuff it, it's Christmas, let's eat all the food" thing and gained some weight which I'm having to work to get off again for the sake of my joints. I had a couple of mini flare-ups, and I went to see an osteopath to free up my shoulder and neck again as they were giving me issues. I also went and finally got round to do all my general health care check ups that you're supposed to do regularly and I haven't done for years.

I went and saw the opticians - all was well - I am now slightly short sighted in one eye, but not enough to warrant glasses. I saw the dentist and as a result of this first visit in some years, discovered that I needed a filling *urgh* and I went to the doctors for my (first) smear test. (Ladies, these are important - please get them done, regardless of "embarrassing" it may seem, it may just save your life - I'll get onto this one in another post though so the squeamish can avoid).

We got into the new year, and I have scored myself a new job with less hours and more money (win win). This will hopefully give me some more time to write here and to share cooking and general healthcare tips & info. I also started running. Like actually regularly running which I'm thrilled about. In fact, I'm so thrilled about it I could write a ridiculous amount, so let's save that for another post shall we as well.

Anyway, there's my little catch up of my life. All is well, I am happy. I have lots to share and talk about, so keep watching this space for little catch ups - and hopefully some more regular blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment