Monday, 19 September 2016

Sweet Treats

It's been a little while since I shared one of my easy-to-make recipes, so I thought it was about time I did another one... So now it's time for dessert.

I don't know about you, but all I really want pretty much all of the time is sweet stuff. Chocolate preferably. And cakes. And icing. and generally lots of naughty things. But as we all know, it's bad for you to have too much of this stuff. And it can be especially bad for us spoonies to consume too much when we don't necessarily have the ability to work it all off. So I've been looking on good ol' Pinterest for healthy recipes and this is one that I love. It's soooo easy, so simple, tastes great and satisfies that sweet craving without being horrendously bad.

All you need is 3 ingredients. Yep, only THREE.
- 3 bananas (well ripened)
- 120g smooth nut butter (I use almond butter, I'm obsessed with it!)
- Cocoa powder to taste - I used about 6 teaspoons worth, but do it depending on your preference.

The other thing you ideally need to make this recipe as easy as possible, is a blender. I just have a cheap little hand blender that I swear by for pretty much everything.


As you can tell, I only remembered to take this picture AFTER I had chucked all the ingredients in the blender and started to blitz... but you get the idea. Bananas, smooth nut butter and cocoa powder.

Once it's all blitzed together you have this sauce type stuff. It looks pretty yummy just as it is. All you need to do now is grab a small tin and have your oven pre-heated to about 200 degrees centigrade. I line my tin with foil because I'm really lazy, but you can do it properly and use baking parchment and use butter or similar to grease the sides. Coconut oil would probably a great alternative to butter if you're being super healthy.

Chuck the batter in the tin and throw it in the oven for 20 minutes. When it's done, leave to cool. Cut up and enjoy...

As you can see, I'm *impatiently* waiting for mine to cool so I can cut it up and enjoy.

With this, I imagine it will last pretty well for a few days in the fridge in an airtight container. But let's be honest... who can leave chocolatey goodness alone for a few days?!

No comments:

Post a Comment