I had a little rummage through the cupboards and the fridge. I really wanted pizza, but we didn't have any in the freezer, and I had already ruled out a takeaway. I was wondering what I could do to ease the craving. Then I figured it out. I could make a fake pizza, and it would only take a couple of minutes to make, and it didn't matter what food was in the cupboard as I could easily change it up.
So I made a cheat pizza.... It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty darn tasty, and I enjoyed it. This was my one that night.
So, what do you need to make this tasty thing? Well the beauty of it is that it's pretty flexible. The main things you need are:
- 1 Tortilla wrap
- Handful or 2 of grated cheese
For this one I also used the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- Handful of frozen sweetcorn
- Handful of pre-cooked prawns
To make this cheat pizza is so straight forward. You can either oven or grill it, depending on what toppings you use. Grilling will cook the tortilla quicker, so only use this if you've not got a topping that needs to be piping hot. I used the oven for mine as I wanted to make sure my prawns were heated through thoroughly before eating. Nobody wants to end up with a poorly belly!
- Warm your oven or grill to arrange 200 degrees celsius.
- Place your tortilla on a tray
- If using tomato puree, put this on the tortilla and spread it around evenly
- Scatter your cheese over the tortilla. I like a lot of cheese so I used a fair bit for this, if you don't like it so much, then don't use too much
- Add any other toppings on now. You could use pre-cooked chicken, pre-cooked bacon, peppers, spinach, tuna, ham, pineapple. Whatever takes your fancy, just remember to not load it up too much as the base is not as stable as a normal pizza base!
- Pop your tray with the "pizza" into the oven or under the grill. Then watch it carefully. Grilling takes about 5-10 minutes, but do keep an eye on it. In the oven it may taken 15+ minutes. Just ensure that anything that needs to be reheated thoroughly is done so (like chicken or prawns).
- Once done, remove from the oven/grill and slide onto a plate. Then cut with a knife and enjoy!
I'd recommend cutting it into smaller slice than I did on the one in the picture as I found it to be very unstable and that make eating it more difficult. It was pretty tasty though and definitely made for a fairly satisfying dinner without too much exertion!
What toppings would you use when making this?